This pattern is designed for woven fabrics. However I wanted to use a knit, so a few adjustments were necessary. I started off by selecting a smaller size (since knits are so forgiving). Then I elected not to install lining (not necessary and would be to hot in Las Vegas!). Next, I only used the bodice and sleeves from this pattern, I drafted a peplum and a lovely top was formed! There were quite a few alterations so I did create a muslin of the top using a white ponte knit. It went together so well and looked so good, I will be able to wear the muslin with just about anything (skirt, leggings, slack or jeans!)...
I purchased a beautiful large floral print scuba knit from the online store Gorgeous fabrics. When I first laid eyes on this fabric, I knew it was the one I had to have! (Recently sold out-after I got mine of course!)
|Top is even...I pulled on one shoulder|
|I have to remake pants...these were ruined!|
Thanks for stopping by and sharing a little of your day with me!
Announcement: For those interested, please stop by and see my live interview if you are available (tap photo to read)...