Monday, August 22, 2016

Butterick 6129-UPDATED Interview Announcement

Butterick 6129 is one of those patterns you can take or leave it. However, with a second glance, I noticed those beautiful pleated "off the shoulder" sleeves and fell in love! I am preparing to go on vacation and needed an outfit for an event...this Butterick pattern tickled that little inspiration bug in my body!

This pattern is designed for woven fabrics. However I wanted to use a knit, so a few adjustments were necessary. I started off by selecting a smaller size (since knits are so forgiving). Then I elected not to install lining (not necessary and would be to hot in Las Vegas!). Next, I only used the bodice and sleeves from this pattern, I drafted a peplum and a lovely top was formed! There were quite a few alterations so I did create a muslin of the top using a white ponte knit. It went together so well and looked so good, I will be able to wear the muslin with just about anything (skirt, leggings, slack or jeans!)...

I purchased a beautiful large floral print scuba knit from the online store Gorgeous fabrics. When I first laid eyes on this fabric, I knew it was the one I had to have! (Recently sold out-after I got mine of course!)

Top is even...I pulled on one shoulder
I have to remake pants...these were ruined!
So happy I had enough fabric left over to create a skirt and make this a two piece dress...yea me!!!
I could not be happier about the results of these beautiful pieces!! I can't wait to accessorize and wear it! If I've said it before, sorry for being redundant...I love I sew my own clothes!! What have you made lately that you just absolutely love?

Thanks for stopping by and sharing a little of your day with me!

Happy Sewing!

Announcement: For those interested, please stop by and see my live interview if you are available (tap photo to read)...

 

 

34 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous. What a great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate your kind comment!

      Delete
  2. what a great outfit, you look so good in those peplum type tops. very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Beth! I believe it's because I don't have much in the way of hips, LOL!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful fabric-love the top with the skirt--who needs rtw--right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I know, right! Sewing our own clothing is such a blessing!

      Delete
  4. So pretty! I love the two-piece dress concept. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Jenny!! For my body type (as it is now), I so prefer two-piece dresses.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! I love the matching skirt, but it also looks great with the white pants. Sorry you have to make new pants! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! It's no problem, those pants are quick to make and it was my mistake… I cut right through the hips of the pants after they were completely done!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful fabric. Both pieces are gorgeous and fit you quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! You and your fabulous creations look amazing!!! I cannot wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maple!! You're so sweet! I love making clothes!

      Delete
  8. This is TOTALLY foxy! I love it with the florals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ms. Renee! I take that as a high compliment coming from you!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful outfit! I really love that fabric (I LOVE prints especially florals). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous, Myra! Your fabric selection is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl! =) The top is great and I love it with the white pants. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Myra! 😍 Make sure you save that pattern, 'cause it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Andrea! Yes, I definitely kept this pattern, it has so many options!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....