Saturday, September 3, 2016

A Shirt for the Hubby $149 NO WAY!

The hubby and I are headed off to Las Vegas soon and he needs a new shirt for an event we're attending. I have to tell a little story about this shirt to those of you who were not on my Periscope broadcast today. I found the perfect shirt on the Nordstrom website for $149. Now even though my hubby is frugal, I don't mind spending $$$ for his clothing because I don't for myself...I make all my clothes and love it! When I showed the photo to my hubby, he loved it too and wanted it, so I bit the bullet and purchased this shirt online...

Funny thing is when it arrived it didn't look anything like the shirt above...at all!!! I quickly took the shirt to Nordstrom's (physically!). When I showed the sales clerk the photo and the shirt I was sent, she gave me the weirdest look and said "that's definitely not the same shirt"!! No kidding!! (I wish I had taken a photo of that wrong shirt for you to see, darn it!). The sales clerk happily (and a little embarrassed) refunded our money, but tried to desperately find the shirt in the store to no avail. When she looked online, now the shirt was showing as "unavailable"!!

Of course I told the hubby not to worry (he was really disappointed!), I would make the shirt for him! Little did I know it would also be a huge effort in finding a matching fabric! I'll spare you all the gory details, let's just say I spent HOURS online searching!! Finally, Mood Fabrics had a selection that was close and the hubby liked it, so I purchased it.

I used my TNT pattern I use to make all my hubby's shirts. It's McCalls 6044...

I've already adjusted this pattern to fit my husband's body so I really don't need him home to make it! I think it turned out very well, all the way down to the contrasting buttonholes and thread in the buttons! Best thing of all...the hubby LOVES it and I saved $100!

I am so happy I was able to give him this shirt! However, I'm still on the hunt for that perfect striped fabric to match the original shirt...but this will definitely do for now!

Have you made anything for that special someone in your life lately?? If so, please leave a comment and share with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by and spending a little of your time with me!

HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!

 

28 comments:

  1. You really did get a beautiful fit! I'm surprised he buys any shirts - this is really good looking. have fun in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Coco! Shhhh! We won't tell him that!

      Delete
  2. Myra the shirt is gorgeous or should I say handsome. You did a wonderful job and I love the contrasting buttonholes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Faye! I love sewing for my husband and I don't do it often enough!

      Delete
  3. Myra, this shirt is awesome! I'm getting ready to cut out a shirt for my husband, just as soon as I finish up another project,lol! Have fun in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candace! He definitely loves it when I create something for him! Good luck with your husband shirt!

      Delete
  4. Fab shirt, I think the fabric is great, I'm a bit embarrassed to say I've not sewn anything for my hubby yet, one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Don't be embarrassed, one day he'll inspire you to sew for him too!

      Delete
  5. A+ Myra, and remember, you can't tell my hubby!! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Andrea! I promise, it's our little secret! LOL!!

      Delete
  6. It looks so great, Myra. I'd love to start making some shirts for my husband - it's so hard to find him a good fitted shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! That's the very reason I started making his...fitted shirts!!

      Delete
  7. The shirt turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this shirt Myra, you convinced me to start back making my hubbies shirts. I went out and got this patter this weekend. You did an awesome job, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Char!! I think you will definitely be please with the pattern and good luck!

      Delete
  9. Myra, I love it! KC is going to Homecoming this year and I may take the contrast button idea and use it as a accent for his date's dress! Hmmm? I love it! Tell Mr. RMeester GQ called and they want their cover guy back! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Carol!!! That sounds like a great idea!!! I bet it will look good too! If you do, you will have to take pictures for us! I will tell the Mr. what you said, but I don't want him to get a big head!

      Delete
  10. You did a wonderful job, Myra. I so love the sleeves and the contrasting thread idea. You sew so well. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you've come up with. The shirt looks great. Maybe someday I can learn to do the same for Bruce. In the meantime, maybe I'll come to you if I need to find a perfect striped shirt for him! V-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic shirt on your husband! Your version is priceless.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email