Monday, November 7, 2016

Fall Colors - Fall Sewing


Hello everyone my sewing Mojo has been in full swing lately! I am REALLY happy about that!  I've been working on challenges and creating really nice pieces! 

Now fall has come around and it's time to switch gears and start making some fall/winter gear.  However, we don't get much winter here in Florida so my wardrobe might not match yours if you're in an area where you get cold and snow…sorry!

With that said, below is a chart of the 2016 fall Pantone colors:


While all of the colors are very nice jewel tones, one that I'm really loving is not in the chart.  The color that I'm referring to could be called many different colors from burgundy, Merlot to dark wine…you get the picture...


I actually had some fabric in my stash that matches this color!  I purchased a beautiful burgundy fabric earlier in the year from Pennie Fabrics. (Sarasota Florida, sorry no online presence) The fabric is a heavy rayon spandex knit.  As soon as I saw the fabric in my stash, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!

I pulled out a recent pattern purchased from Style Arc, it's the "Cold Shoulder Top". This is the first time I've used this pattern and it won't be my last, this is a very quick, easy and beautiful pattern!  Makes for a very quick stylish T-shirt too!


I purchased as a download and printed the pattern (link above).  There aren't very many pieces for the pattern, so it was quick to tape together!  For this project, I paired this cold shoulder top with a self drafted pencil skirt featuring my usual and loving, yoga pants style waistband!  It too is a very quick sew when you need a pencil skirt that's oh so comfortable!



These pieces are going to get a ton of wear, the only problem was that I didn't have enough fabric to make a pair of leggings too...this could have been a three piece wardrobe!!  I'll be checking back with Pennie Fabrics soon to see if I can rectify that!  Hopefully he'll have more of it!!

I absolutely love this set and can think of many styling options, one of which will be featured in my next blog post (please stop by and check that one out too!).




What are your favorite colors for this fall season?

Thanks for stopping by and sharing a little of your time with me, is truly appreciate it!

Happy Sewing!

30 comments:

  1. Myra, this look is stunning! I really like the design of the SA Cold Shoulder Top. I have been looking at other versions, but haven't really loved any until I saw this one. Also, your hair looks FABULOUS!! It makes me miss my Wash n gos. Though I will probably bring them back next summer, he he!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Vanessa! That's the reason I selected this pattern...it had the style I was really looking for! And thank you for the comment on my hair...I love being "Team Natural"! It's so much easier for me.

      Delete
  2. This outfit is beautiful! and the color is fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Coco! I believe this color may be seen a lot this fall!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous outfit Myra and love the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Faye! I really like this color for my complexion!

      Delete
  4. Myra, this is hot! I love the style, the color, everything is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Candice! Ian in love with this outfit too!

      Delete
  5. Oh my this is lovely!!! I'm digging the 2 piece outfit

    I have a similar pattern to the top in my stash but I'm thinking the SA is better drafted. Must add to the wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Nakisha! I have another "cold shoulder" pattern too. However, this SA was a much easier and faster pattern to make! You should give it a try and see how you like it!

      Delete
  6. Wow! You look positively gorgeous! Simplicity at it's finest and very elegant, yet could be evening wear. Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute outfit, it looks quite dressy, but I bet is really comfortable too, can't beat that. I agree this colour is perfect every fall & winter, whatever the Pantone people say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Allison! That's the reason we sew...so we can have whatever we want and not be chained to the industry's standard!

      Delete
  8. looks gorgeous on you - and clever to make it two piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I don't like the way "one piece" dresses look on my body currently. (Sad face!)

      Delete
  9. This looks fabulous on you! Great fit. I need to sew this top, I made a recent purchase of this and the reviews have been very positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! You should give this pattern a try, you won't be disappointed!

      Delete
  10. This is so gorgeous! The color looks great on you and the fit is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Myra, I love burgundy too, and this color on you is fabulous! What a great outfit, so comfortable and easy to wear, yet chic and put together. A++ I hope you can get more fabric so you can make the bottoms. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Andrea! This might be my new favorite color!

      Delete
  12. Myra, I love this dress and you look absolutely stunning in it. Great job...as always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aisha!! I love two piece dressing on and for me!

      Delete
  13. Myra,
    You look phenomenal in this top and skirt! I was getting ready to write a review where I saw your beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I have to check out your review too!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email