Sunday, February 26, 2017

Workout Gear Complete-Updated 3-1-17

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful February! I know I've been quite on the blog...however, that doesn't mean I've not been sewing, LOL!!  Actually, if you had a chance to read my previous post, you already know I've was working on a Workout Gear Challenge for the month of February.  It was so much fun!  I've never made workout clothing for myself and learned so much while researching for the challenge.  I only made one outfit for the challenge because I was working on other things too...but it's defnitely not going to be my last!  As a matter of fact, I will be making my own workout gear from this day forward, I love it so much!  Being able to choose my own style, fabrics and get a great fit...sound pretty good to me!  I selected these two patterns...Butterick 6295 for the pants (love the side pockets!);
 
...and for the top, I selected the Papercut Neuma Tank (love the styling of this pattern)
 

Both were very easy to put together.  However, I needed to be a little creative with the straps in coming up with an alternative way to attach them, solely for my preference.  Here are some snapshots of the workout gear I completed during the challenge...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

This was truly a fun project and I can't wait to create another!  I'll share it with you all when I do!  

*Update*:  I had enough fabric left over(scrap) from my workout top to create this lovely "Style Arc Cold Shoulder" top.  It's the second time I've used this pattern...the other can be seen here.  Just finished in time for the "Scrapit" challenge deadline!
 
 
 
On another note, I love to travel and there's places I would love to go but not sure if I'll ever make it!  Who knows?!!  What I do have, is a friend who's a lovely artist.  She teaches classes in art; sketching, watercoloring, etc and has great content on her blog, "Painted Thoughts Blog".   She's working with "Blue Walk Tours" on a trip to England for a creative vacation!  If you're an artist, what a great way to find inspiration!!  Heck, even I could find sewing inspiration there too, who wouldn't! LOL!!  

So if you're an artist or know of an artist who may be intrested, select the "Blue Walk Tours" link above for more information on the trip!  Sounds like it's going to be a blast and wish I could go! (Timing for me...I'll be on my way to Alaska!)


 
 
 
Happy Sewing!

22 comments:

  1. What a pretty photo shoot!! Love your workout pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Carol! I love yours too!

      Delete
  2. Myra, you are just somethin' beautiful, I tell ya! Your workout gear is awesome. I'm going to have to check out this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you Ms. Candice! I take that as the highest form of compliment coming from someone as beautiful as you!

      Delete
  3. Myra I love your outfit! I am loving The details in the top.
    Will you post about the changes you made to the straps. I would love to see how you made them. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ann! It was pretty simple to do (however it took me quite some time to figure it out what to do, LOL!). I was getting ready to do that for Patternreview.com anyways, so I will update my blog linking it to that review.

      Delete
  4. I love this! The pieces coordinate so well and such a great way to scrap bust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms.Tasha! And I totally agree… It's an awesome way to use your scraps, because the top doesn't take much fabric at all!

      Delete
  5. Your workout gear is fabulous! It fits nicely, and makes you look so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ms. Vanessa! I found another passion!!

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful, Myra. I love the back detail on the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Olivia! That's what attracted me to this pattern too!

      Delete
  7. Stylin' and profilin' always Ms. Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lady!!! I sure try! LOL!!

      Delete
  8. Love the pieces! You look fabulous in the photo shoot. Happy sewing and traveling

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Myra! Thank you so much for the fabulous job you did with the workout challenge in February. I really hate that I didn't finish my project but I'm not giving up. I will either get it done or start a new one. Your outfits turned out so great! I love every piece that you made. The cold shoulder top you made with the leftover fabric--OMGosh! I LOVE it! You look so amazing! Girl, you are just one gorgeous lady! I adore you and your beautiful personality. I sure hope that I will get to meet you in person one day. Be blessed, my sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! It's these kind of beautiful comments that make blogging and or whatever we do, so worth it! The simple act of inspiring others is such an amazing feeling! I truly believe God blessed us all with talents so they can be shared and shine His light (as you state in your motto!). Not to worry, if you don't finish your workout gear project, I'm sure you will be able to finish it during one of our "UFO" challenges, LOL!! (We have sewing challenges for everything!). Thank you so much for your kind comments! You are the beautiful one lady and I'm pretty sure at some point our paths will definitely cross! I'm looking forward to it!!

      Delete
  10. Myra, you look gorgeous! Fit Model 2017 for sure! Your work out wear is very stylish. Gone are the days of an oversized t-shirt or too tight leggings as workout wear. Wearing this look to the gym would turn heads because you look classy. I love your blog. I agree with Anita it would be so nice to meet you one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ms. Patricia! You all are so very nice with your comments that it just about brings me to tears! I really enjoy writing this post and inspiring people! Each time I get someone who likes what I've done, it inspires me to do more and be more! You all inspire me to keep creating and as long as I have you all, I will continue to do just so! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  11. Myra, what a beautiful photo shoot! You're gorgeous, my friend! The workout wear you made is fabulous. The colors are lovely, and so pretty on you. Love that cold shoulder top, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Ms. Andrea! I had so much fun working on this challenge and I have to thank Mr. Wayne for the photo shoot! He was a real trooper!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email