Thinking back now, I should have brought the piping all the way up from the pockets to meet the collar. What's that old saying..."hind-sight is 20-20"! Oh well! An issue I had was with the zipper in the back. I always find it difficult when patterns have you install the zipper after the garment is completed. That was the case with this one too and I did well until I got to the top where it started puckering on me. (I had pinned and hand basted too) I'll need to really work that out on my next one (yes, I'm going to make this one again!)
I decided to line the dress since the fabric I used, was a somewhat see-thru polyester crepe with a slight stretch. I made a size 12 and the dress fit nicely because of the slight stretch in the fabric, but the lining was too tight! Oh my gosh I was sooooo frustrated!! So I would have to say this pattern runs small everyone! I did fix the lining and it worked out ok, but not without a lot of work! (I hate taking things apart and re-doing!!!). Here is a picture of the inside lining...
The issues I had, were solely, as they say "user error" and not the fault of the pattern! The instructions and the designer tips were very easy to follow and I would highly recommend this pattern to anyone who likes this style. All in all, I think it turned out pretty well and I'm definitely going to remake this one!
Now I'm off to post on the second dress I complete this week!