Saturday, January 8, 2011

Nice Top

I had this beautiful piece of fabric in my stash, I purchased from my second trip to Queen's Fabrics (Mirasu Miranda's Studio in Tampa, FL) I blogged about some time ago. It's 100% Rayon Satin with a beautiful drape. It's a little heavier than silk, but has the same "soft hand"! I love the dark champagne color, as it will go with everything.  I decided to use McCalls 5977 and made view C (the orange one).
I made a few of my own alterations to personalize it, by adding a short gathered sleeve with a band. I also added elastic to the bottom to give the blouse a "blouson" look.  I admit it's little different, but I really like the look, it goes well with anything from a suit to jeans and everything between!... 


Worn with Jalie Jeans I made previously
This pattern is relatively easy to sew, however I opted not to use the self fabric bias strip to bind the neck edge (this technique is used for the sleeveless version armhole edges too). For some reason, I'm not very good at this and can never get them straight and consistent.  (Sounds like a challenge for me to concur this year!)  That is my only dislike of the pattern.  I really like how quickly you can complete this project and could be a great wardrobe builder, it's great for beginners too. Not sure if I will make this again, because I have so many other items I want to get to...but I highly recommend it.

On to my next project...HAPPY SEWING!

10 comments:

  1. WOW! That really turned out gorgeous! What a fancy way to spice up some jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful top! I really love that fabric - very glamorous, and I like how you have added sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is drop dead beautiful!!!! I made this top before and not at all happy with it. I think I needed to got down a size. Seeing yours is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fabric and beautifully sewn! I love it with jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that color and the way the light hits it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very gorgeous fabric with an equally goregous top!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautful love the fabric & your jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blouse and agree the color is perfect and will go with several garments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fabric! ... and the top looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovelyl! Its great to see young people taking an interest in sewing.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....