Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Black Slacks...A Staple

I fell in love with this pattern when I saw fellow sewing blogger  Mushywear's slacks!  Burda 7746 is a very quick and easy pants pattern to make. 
The instructions were perfect to follow, you really could just look at the illustrations to complete them.  Great fit too!  After making my usual adjustment of shortening the crotch (I'm short-waisted), there was nothing else to do...they fit beautifully.  I cut a size 10, smaller than I normally do, because the fabric I selected has a slight stretch, I think it's about 3% lycra.  I really love the smaller waistband and the squared front pockets (it's a little hard to see the pockets because my slacks are black) 


I so agree with Shannon from Mushywear, these will be a versatile addition to my wardrobe and I will be making a few more!  This is truly "Much Needed Piece #4"!

10 comments:

  1. WOW! You are getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice pair of pant, the fit it great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that sexy strut!! They look FAB on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pants look wonderful on you....bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myra, those are truly awesome. They look fabulous! It is an awesome pants pattern, and thank you for the shout out! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. Your pants look great and fit you nicely. I have this pattern and have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....