Saturday, May 14, 2011

Seersucker

You all make me feel as though I have another family! Thanks for all your kind words and comments on my posts!  I promise to keep them coming and keep them "somewhat" brief.

 I cannot believe this is the first time I've ever sewn something out of seersucker! This is, in my opinion, a great fabric for summer! It's so easy to work with and makes nice, crisp garments! I purchased two pieces of seersucker, one in a Navy & White pinstripe and the other in a pastel Pink & White pinstripe. I bought them both from Hancock Fabrics. First up is the navy...I selected  McCall Pattern 6035, View D (the blue one)...

This pattern is very easy to sew and was a great fit right out of the envelope!  I didn't make any alterations, not one!  Even I can't believe that!  I love the fit of this so much, I believe it's going to be my new TNT for a fitted blouse!  I'll have to post a photo of me in it another time.


Next up is View A (the black & white checked one) I added a collar.  For this one I used the Pink & White pinstripe seersucker.  It too, turned out just as nice!  Now I have two new great work blouses with almost no effort!  As I stated before, this is a really, really nice pattern, it has over 18 reviews on Pattern Review and everyone likes it...how did I miss this pattern when it came out last year??!!!  I guess you can't make every single pattern ever made...or can we??? :)

video

Thanks so much for  reading my blog everyone...you keep me inspired!!  Happy Sewing and on to my next project!

11 comments:

  1. Well, I don't care how short/long they are!

    And secondly, I'm jealous of your narrow hips, girl! I love this simple blouse pattern, but it doesn't EVER fit me.

    And by the way, I love your new header. That photo's adorable. Please share the history of it.

    And I see I'm not the only one having trouble with their blog background...

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute top! I've never even noticed this pattern before. How sad is that? LOL Must add it to the list after seeing your versions of it. Princess seams are always so flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tops! Princess seams are so flattering, I think. Seersucker always looks (and feels) cool and crisp--and it is a nice fabric to sew.

    http://peggyscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blouses! Great choice of fabric--so light and airy and perfect for Spring. Also nice video:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I leave you alone and what do I find when I come back? You're doing video!!! AWESOME, girl!!!

    Love the shirts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the blouse! I have this pattern and so want to make it up soon, especially now I have seen yours - what a great idea to use seersucker, very cool, classic and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The seersucker was a perfect choice, and don't you just love those drawstring sleeves! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute blouses and I love the video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blouses and like the idea of using seersucker. I just purchased a few yards from Joann's using my coupons.

    Love the video.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know that we like your version of M6035 so much we posted a link to your blog from our McCall's Patterns facebook page. Great job!
    http://www.facebook.com/mccallspatterns

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....