Monday, April 16, 2012

Another Knit Top

Simplicity 1916


This is an easy top that can be made in a few hours, however there were a couple of things that I would definitely do differently. First, the top is like most these days, extremely low cut for my taste! Second, why oh why would they need to add a seam in the back of a knit top? I removed that right away.

Next, was my fabric choice, it is an extremely light weight polyester/rayon knit purchased from Mood fabrics. It is obviously a bad choice for this top because it is much too sheer! That is a pet peeve for me when you can see the fabric overlays underneath! I would have to wear a tank with this top if I choose to keep it for at least two of these reasons! (low cut and too sheer!)

I love the style and the color of the fabric only, so I may keep it!

Another good example of why you should create a muslin! Oh well, back to the drawing board for this top!



The pants...
 
I love these!!  They are a pair I drafted which are made using a dark brown Ponte knit I purchased from Mood fabrics.  They are similar to leggings except I added a zipper in the front along with a two button closure at the waist.  What makes me like these pants so much are the comfort of the knit and my really cute zippers I added at the bottom of each side!  It was so easy to do too!!
 

I may take them back to the sewing machine to shorten the length just a tad bit to prevent them from "buckling" above my shoes.  Too bad the top didn't turn out so nice...I really like the color combination together!  Guess I'll have to find other fabric in this color to remake a top for these pants. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and...
 
Happy Sewing!

23 comments:

  1. Your top looks beautiful on you. I agree with your choice to eliminate the back seam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice top in a beautiful color! I wanted to make a pair of pants with a zipper too, but after my jegging disaster, I am holding off on pants for a while. Yours look great, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and don't give up on the pants...practice makes perfect!

      Delete
  3. Super cute, love the color and your pants are very nice, great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But I definitely ave to fix this top before wearing it outside!

      Delete
  4. Colour and style suits you - great outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myra!
    Top stunning and very well for you.

    Sorry if the question you seem cocky: What size did you take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No your question is not cocky at all! LOL! I made a size 10, hope that helps you!

      Delete
  6. WOW!!! That is gorgeous! I love that light blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both the top AND the pants! Nice zippers. And would that be a Nine West heel? It's perfect with your pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sister and good eye, yes they are Nine West heels!

      Delete
  8. Great outfit! I love the eye-catching blue color on the knit top, and the zippers at the ankles add just the right amount of pizzazz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The whole outfit is fierce. You look great in it and the blue really pops. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Myra, Great looking top. Perfect pairing with your skinny pants. Thanks for the review on this top. It is on my spring/summer list of things to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cennetta and I can't wait to see your version!

      Delete
  12. I understand your desire to make tweaks so you're comfortable with it, but I love your top...great color and it looks really good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm extremely jealous of the fact that your top looks exactly like the picture on the pattern! Mine never work out that well. You did a fantastic job! I'm going to tackle this pattern soon and I hope mine will come out as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....