Sunday, April 8, 2012

New Look 6140

Everyone this is my second top for the "Starting at the Top 2012" challenge and the pattern is unfortunately OOP (New Look 6140) and so old, I can't find a photo anywhere online for you. However, thanks to Faye from Faye's Sewing Adventure, I was able to get my hands on the pattern pieces and instructions! Thank you Faye for sending them to me! This is my second time making this pattern and it won't be my last either! I love this top for many reasons...it takes less than 1 hour to make, only one pattern piece and can be made in both woven & knits!

The reason you did not see my first post, is because I needed to size the pattern a few sizes smaller and because of the uniqueness of the pattern piece, it took me a while to figure it out...I sure am happy I took the time too!!! (The first one is worn at home only)

This one was done just in time for a Funk Fest this past weekend in Vinoy Park (St. Petersburg, FL)....Fun! I paired it with my white jeans and they looked very nice together and sooo comfortable too! It is definitely one of those "eat" tops! (you can eat as much as you like without worry!) Sorry I didn't get any pictures of me in it, I was too busy having a good time! Maybe next time!



My next one for the challenge is almost done and I can't wait to post it because I really lke it!  Thanks for stopping by and...
Happy Sewing! 

3 comments:

  1. Really cute! I can just see this with white pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really only an hour to produce gorgeous results? Wow again!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....