Sunday, November 11, 2012

First Peplum Dress

There are so many patterns out there for Peplum tops, skirt and dresses.  But I have to share with you all, a young lady I've been a You Tube subscriber of for a long time!  She has the quickest versions for making Peplum tops, dresses, skirts and belts...yes that's correct, a Peplum belt!  No patterns are used and after my experience, her process is quick and easy too! (and she's absolutely adorable!).  Her name is Tamisha Glashen and she has her own apparel business on Esty.  She also sells some of the fabrics used in her tutorials for reduced prices!

For my first project from one of her tutorials, I selected the Peplum Dress.  I made it exactly as instructed in her video with one alteration...I added short sleeves.  I am planning another, only this one will be a little longer in length.   Everything went as she described with no issues and in a very short time, I had this beautiful dress...

  

I'm sorry I don't have a photo of me wearing it...but please take my word for it, this dress fits me like a glove!  I love it so much, as I said earlier in this post, I am planning another version right away!  The fabric is a royal blue Ponte knit with a great stretch, which is always good for fitting.

Here's a link to Tamisha's You Tube tutorial for the peplum dress,  I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!  Thanks for stopping by and...

HAPPY SEWING!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet you look stunning in that! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myra this looks fantastic. I can't wait to see it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myra I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dress! The color is so rich and of course peplums are all the rave this season! You've got to take a pic with it on. Thanks for the video link too. I enjoyed watching this tutorial and feel really inspired by it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myra - beautiful! Right color and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU FOR WATCHING my video I hope you ENJOY It

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Did a Great Job Queen & yes Mrs Glashen is a Great teacher. I also follow her on Youtube. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Myra, what a beautiful dress, and I know you will look stunning in that color. Where did you find such a lovely Ponte? I am off to check out the YT video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful dress, can't wait to see you in it and I will check out the video, thanks for the recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress is fantastic! I wish I would have seen this post before ordering a couple of peplum dresses! I love your dress and its colour. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dress came out really cute.. and thanks for the FYI on Tamisha Glashen.!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dress turned out great! I tried to watch the YouTube video, but I could not stand her voice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous dress and thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can just imagine how awesome this looks on you! Pretty color.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....