Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Simplicity 1806

This is my last top for the challenge...I can't believe that I actually made three tops!  I was willing to bet I would barely get one done!  This pattern has been in my stash for some time, so I decided to give it a try!  So glad I did too!   This is a lovely top!

  

Perfect for jeans, shorts or with a skirt!  Remarkably, it was a very quick and easy, you would not think so by looking at some of the details.  I selected view E to make and added the ties for the front like view D.  This pattern is created for woven fabrics, however, I used a lightweight sage colored  knit from my stash.  The fabric worked well with no issues!  I made a size 12, but because I used a knit fabric, I should have made a size smaller!

  

I still really like this top and plan on making it again in a rayon for the sumner!  It's very comfortable and will be a nice addition to my closet for work or play! 

This has been a great challenge and I want to thank Faye again for hosting!  She's helped me to gain three new great tops to my wardrobe in a few days!  Thanks again Faye!

Happy Sewing!


9 comments:

  1. What a great top! I somehow missed that pattern, but I'm going to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, Myra! I think I like this view much better in a knit than in a woven - good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top is much nicer than the illustrations as they don't do the pattern any justice! I'd love to see how you wear/accessorize it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I have to see this on you, Myra. I am interviewing this pattern for the bright and flowery fabric I recently got from Queen's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this top. so proud you got it finished.. Isn't it amazing how a SAL
    helps us achieve so much. Happy Sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pattern, Myra! You'll wear the top all summer long - good job!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....