Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Nina Cardigan

Hello everyone and hope you're all enjoying some great sewing! I have a few projects in the works and will be posting them for you to see.  This post is a replacement garment for one I made last year that I no longer have but need...it's a white cardigan or summer.  For this one I chose an easy pattern that was reviewed a few times on Pattern Review.  It's the Nina Cardigan by Style Arc.


I actually purchased a couple of cardigans (one black and one turquoise) hoping to be able to replicate them and then I saw this pattern.  It was the perfect one to have in my pattern stash!  It did go together very easy with no problems or alterations needed.  Sorry I can't give you a time on creation because I wasn't paying attention...but it definitely was no more that two hours!  The fit is fabulous too!  Especially if you use a drapey knit fabric like I did.  I used a Rayon Lycra knit and it was just the perfect fabric for this cardigan.

    

Here are a couple of styling options.  Please excuse the blocked out face...hair a mess and no makeup equals NO HEAD SHOT!  😉

  

    
These Ponte DeRoma knit pants were just made...not hemed yet because I need to put then through a wash & dry first for final fit, so please excuse the wrinkles!  I may review them later if you like.

Don't be surprised when you see this cardigan again..I consider this a TNT cardigan pattern now!  If you like the style, please give it a try if you haven't already!  

Thank you all for stopping by, I'm on to the next post and HAPPY SEWING!

16 comments:

  1. I really like the fit of your cardigan Myra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cardi, Myra, just perfect for Florida spring and summer for the air conditioned insides. I would love to hear about the pants and see pics when you are done. I have been considering a narrower leg ponte pant. I live in my wider leg pairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! I really wanted some comfortable pants that would be okay for work too, these seem to be stylish enough that I feel comfortable wearing them too. I love the and I'm pretty sure they'll be a staple in my wardrobe too!

      Delete
  3. Nice cardi, beautiful job. Yes on the pants ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. K! I will post them soon!

      Delete
  4. Love the style this cardigan has. Easy to go casual or dressy! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, it fits you so well Myra and I love the color for the spring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for highlighting this pattern. The cardigan is beautiful. I think I need this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thak you Shannon! I could see you wearing a cardi like this one too!

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....