Saturday, September 14, 2013

V8805 Love!

Hello everyone, sorry I've been away so very long!  Work has been CRAZY busy and kept me from blogging as often as usual.   However, I have been sewing whenever I could get a moment in!  That is the way I get to "de-stress", without sewing, I don't think I could keep going at the pace work wants me to! You could say, sewing is my "Saving Grace".  

I have a few things to show you that I've been working on, some patterns have already been reviewed many times before and some not.  However, these are my versions and opinions, so I hope they help someone who may or may not have been teetering on a decision to make their own versions.  That's why we're all here reviewing patterns, right?

Vogue 8805 has been reviewed quite a few times.  I can honestly tell there will be another version of this dress on my blog too!  This is going to be a favorite of mine!  Easy, quick and great fitting! I really do love this dress and don't know what took me so long to make this pattern!  I decided to make my version almost in the same color scheme as the photo on vogue's website.

  

I purchased three Ponte DeRoma knits from Fabric Mart online to complete this project.   Beige for the top section, Black for the mid-section and a lovely shade of Chartreuse for the bottom.  I was able to complete this dress just a few hours, it was really a quick pattern to make.  However, the pattern does run a little large.  I usually make a size smaller than my normal dress size when using knits and I made a size 10.  I ended up taking about 1 & a half inches   off each side seam before getting a good fit, but happy to say that this was the only alteration I made to this cute dress!  

  
  
So if you're sill on the fence about the pattern or just haven't made it yet, I would highly recommend it!  I plan on making another for fall! 

Shortly, I will be posting another pattern I made during my work induced hiatus from blogging, LOL!  Stay tuned and...

HAPPY SEWING! 


20 comments:

  1. Well, I was wondering where you were!, now I know. I love your dress and it's play on colors. The patter is a great idea and of course it's already in my stash. MMMMM I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! I really missed blogging too! But you know...gotta work if I want to buy more fabric!

      Delete
  2. I love how you made this so fitted! Great dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I wish I had a photo of me in it because it really fits very nicely, not to tight, just right!

      Delete
  3. I've been "teetering" this pattern but wasn't sure. I actually have a very old simplicity pattern that I could do this with. Your's is pretty. The envelope just didn't do anything for me. Seeing things made make such a huge difference. Thanks!!! Now I just have to choose my colors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Carol! I really do love the fit on this dress and will probably show a photo of me on another post. Good luck and I hope it works out for you too!

      Delete
  4. I am so interested in this pattern so I am glad to see it made up, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and with your skill sets, your dress will be stunning!

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you got this to work for you. I adore the colors and bet you look amazing wearing it. I tried this pattern and decided it was not to be. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliment! I am so sorry it didn't work for you. Maybe a different color blocked dress will work for you. Good luck.

      Delete
  6. I love this dress and the color combination you chose..I've taken this pattern several times, but now I know I need to get this one made..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candice! I really think you may enjoy it and it'll look good on you too!

      Delete
  7. Great colors, Myra.... and a beautiful dress! I've looked at this pattern for a long time but haven't taken the plunge. Your dress is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I really do love this dress! I think it would look good on you too!

      Delete
  8. I came so close to buying this pattern a few weeks ago when Vogue patterns were on sale, may have to go back & give it another look, I love your color combinations!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should give it a try, it is a wonderful pattern to work with. There are so many great color combinations you can create! Good luck

      Delete
  9. Looks lovely Myra and I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toy! I love this was so much I'm definitely going to make it again!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....