Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pajama Party!!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!

This post is all about a virtual pajama party! A sewing community group I belong to is hosting a virtual pajama party where we all created our own pajamas and then we periscope about them!

Since I don't own any really good pajamas (not sure why I never did this before!), I decided to make two pair!

First up is a pair I made that are a little bit "spicier" for the hubby! I purchased the fabric from Hancocks a few weeks ago with the intention of just making a simple nightgown. That was prior to finding out about the virtual Pajama party. (Great timing!) The fabric Is an Aqua colored, light weight cotton, with a little bit of stretch and a very soft to the touch.

I used an actual pattern and of course I changed it a little bit (you know how I do!), the pattern is Kwik Sew 3726. It's a very easy and quick pattern to follow and the instructions were great!

It's a lingerie pattern that has a teddy and a slip version. I used the slip version to create my pajama top. The changes I made to the pattern were:

  • Elastic under the bust for fit
  • Decorative lace under the bust
  • Decorative ribbon for the straps

The bottoms where made using my favorite one-piece legging pattern Kwik Sew 3770...

...I just widened the legs a bit so they weren't snug and added an elastic waistband. I am very pleased with my results!

I'd love to have another pair of these in a beautiful, drapey, jewel colored silk! (I think I'll just do that too!)

For my second pair, I made the pajama top from a pattern I created a few months ago for a cruise. You can see that top and read the review HERE.

The bottoms where made using my favorite one-piece legging pattern Kwik Sew 3770 (Same as above). For this pair, I decided to make them shorts instead of pants and added a cuff.

The fabric was in my stash and is a bright yellow colored, light weight cotton with the little stretch. I purchased it several months ago from Hancocks.

I added Navy colored piping around the neckline, the armhole, and the cuffs of the bottom, along with matching Navy colored buttons… I really love the contrast look!

I think they both turned out pretty good and I am looking forward to making all of my PJs now!! Thanks PeriCrafters for the wonderful virtual pajama party and pushing me to get another check off of my ever-growing Sewing List!! I consider these my "wearable" muslins because I definitely plan on making many more! I wonder...how many of you have made your PJs too? Please share in the comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog, I really appreciate each and every one of you!

 

24 comments:

  1. Both of your p.j. sets are amazing, I love the changes you made to make them your own! I want to add the teddy pattern to my collection. Can you tell what I'm interested in? LOL! Great job, and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Alethia! It was so much fun making them and THANK YOU for your inspiration and hosting the "Virtual" Pajama Party! BTW...I know you'll rock that teddy!!!

      Delete
  2. Both these sets are super cute! Love the bright colours too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying very hard to stay away from dark colors (I love, love them!) because my wardrobe was almost all black at one time! We'll see how far I get!

      Delete
  3. Oooooh lah lah! I hadn't a bit more thought about making pajamas...these are so cute! So different from each other and just cute. Not to mention a lil' on the sexy side. Nice job Myra!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Terry! I am in love with making my own PJs now!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Pjs. I made a long robe and shortie pjs along with a short kimono type robe last year in a wonderful cotton knit. I love making pjs and now I want more. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll have to see if I can find yours, I bet they were beautiful too!

      Delete
  5. These are soooo cute! OK, I'm blown away, I thought everybody made PJ's!! I have a gazillion of them (summer and winter and holiday), my house is always cold! I have about 6 robes with matching whatevers! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol! I guess I am the last one to the party, LOL! It appears that there are quite a few people who are making their own PJs…just not me!

      Delete
  6. Cute jammies! This has been on my to-sew list forever, (and I actually did make one pair that I haven't blogged about yet), but there always seems to be something more fun I want to make first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jenny! I totally agree with you, I'm struggling with what to make legs…there's just so much you want to sew all the time!

      Delete
  7. Your pajamas look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the second set with the contrast piping and buttons. Very nice! Oh and thanks for pointing out that Kwik Sew pattern. I like the ruched skirt with leggings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're very welcome!

      Delete
  9. Those are both beautiful sets! A nightgown and robe in white flannel with little violets was my very first sewing project, decades ago! I loved the set so much I wore it out. I haven't made a lot of PJs since then. I'll have to add that to my project list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yours sound really pretty too! You should make another pair!!

      Delete
  10. They came out fantastic and love the color choices and the lace detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I thinks so too!

      Delete
  11. These are so cute!!! As far as I can tell, you are one of the only people to have sewn up Kwik Sew 3726. I am thinking about giving them a try so of course I had to look up other versions of them first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Grace! That Kwik Sew pattern is one of my favorites for the leggings. Good luck with yours!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....